What's New: YES We Can Race Again!
Australian Sailing has updated its COVID-19 information, which means that Yacht Racing can Resume!!! AND so
The JBSC Sailing Calendar will resume on Saturady 30th May, subject to suitable weather etc..
NOTE: There will be a Committee Meeting at the Callala Bay Boatshed at 6 PM on Monday 1 June to discuss possible changes to the calendar and other matters.
As of 0800 on Thursday 21st May 2020
- RECREATIONAL BOATING IS EXEMPT FROM THE 4m2 RULE. HOWEVER, SAILORS NEED TO MAINTAIN 1.5m SOCIAL DISTANCE WHERE REASONBLY PRACTICABLE
- COMPETITION IS PERMITTED
What does this now mean for JBSC?
- Get in, Sail and get out;
- Club activities including racing can resume as long as the Public Health Order is complied with.
- Outdoor activities only;
- No limit on the number of boats in a race
- Limit on-shore activities to small individual groups with a maximum of 10 participants (inclusive of coaches and support staff)
- 100 person limit for an indoor space - - when allowing persons to enter or stay on the premises clubs need to ensure there is 4 square metres of space for each person on the premises.
- Practice good hand hygiene before and after sailing;
- Avoid physical contact;
- Change rooms, canteens and kitchens should remain closed – arrive dressed and ready to sail;
- Stay home if you are unwell
- Don’t share drinks or towels;
- Sharing of equipment should be avoided and if necessary, should be kept to a minimum;
- Keep a distance of 1.5 metres where reasonably practicable; and
- Follow the one person per 4 square metres rule ashore to ensure sufficient physical distancing between people;.
- Contact Tracing records must be kept. (For us via Sign on sheet)
- Encourage the use of COVIDSafe App whilst at yourclub
For Results for the Club races
Club Race Program
See the DRAFT PROGRAM
and the DRAFT DUTY ROSTER
Please advise of any changes. Please NOTE: Changes to the roster are made via SWAPS.
Memberships for the 2019-2020 season are now due:
New Member Application Form for 2019-2020 OR
Renew Your Membership for 2019-2020
A new membership category of 'Crew' has been added for $55 per year. Crew Members shall be entitled to all the privileges of the Club other than
the right to hold office, vote at the annual general meeting, or vote at committee meetings.
Crew members do not have the right to enter a yacht in events conducted by the Club. However, a yacht entered by a Full
Member, may be skippered by a registered Crew Member,
provided the Full Member is on board. Crew Members will be registered as Australian Sailing card holders (SIN) by the club, to satisfy the 46 PERSON IN CHARGE rule, and would be covered by personal accident insurance provided by Australian Sailing.
Casual crew are encouraged to join the club as Full or Crew Members, after they have sailed three races as guest crew in a season. Crew who are financial members of other clubs, and have a current SIN, are not necessarily required to join the club, but it is encouraged, if they crew regularly.
Associate members do not sail but enjoy the social benefits of the Club and its activities.
Membership forms need to be completed and signed before membership registration can be
uploaded to Sailing Australia (formally Yachting Australia) web site. Payment is not sufficient. If forms are not completed and paid by 30th September, personal risk
insurance provisions will lapse. Sailing Australia have advised that 1 December is deadline for membership renewals to be finalised (so please submit your forms)
Get involved by joining the committee
Committee Nomination Form
See DRAFT Program for 2019/2020
For News, Upcoming Events and Regattas
, and For Sale Notices
See Australian Sailing Safety Page and Special Regulations
and NSW Marine Safety Regulations
and Australian Sailing => 2017-2020 Racing Rules of Sailing with Australian Sailing Prescriptions and Addenda
See Draft Sailing Instructions
See Race Day Risk Assessment
Jervis Bay Sailing Club conducts races at Callala Bay on Saturday afternoons throughout the sailing season, from the October long weekend to the end of May, inclusive. Briefings are at 1:00pm and races start at 1:30pm.
Additional Frostbite Series races are held on the first Sunday of every month during winter off season, briefings are at 1:00pm and races start at 1:30pm. The club also hosts Special Events and Championships - see Special Events for details.
All off-the-beach dinghies, catamarans and smaller Trailer Sailers are welcome. Visitors are most welcome. Just come to the rigging area and introduce yourself! To join the club and start racing please complete:
click link to email
=> David Braidwood, Commodore
Telephone: 0421 191 009
=> Steven Lymbery, Secretary / Treasurer
Telephone: 0400 104 451
We are located near the Callala Bay Boat Ramp. The street address is 42 Boorawine St, Callala Bay, NSW, which is approximately 3 hours from Sydney and Canberra.