What's New: YES We Can Race Again!
Join us for the: Jervis Bay Sailing Club Inc.
October Long Weekend 2020 Regatta
VENUE - JERVIS BAY (CALLALA BAY, NSW)
SATURDAY 3rd October & SUNDAY 4th October 2020
OPEN INVITATION REGATTA FOR ALL “OFF THE BEACH” DINGHIES, SKIFFS AND MULTI-HULLS
See the NOTICE OF RACE & ENTRY FORM
Note: For Mooring and Keel Boat Information see Jervis Bay Cruising Yacht Club
COVID-19 Information Sources => NSW HEALTH COVID-19 Information & Sailing Australia COVID-19 Guidelines for a Update
Australian Sailing has updated its COVID-19 information, which means that Yacht Racing can Resume!!! See the summary below => =>
The JBSC Sailing Calendar resumed on Saturday 30th May, with the Frostbite Series. Informal training off-the-beach sailing events are also
being held every Saturday Afternoon, throughout winter. There is a phone hook-up on Fridays, with briefings at 1200 Hours on Saturdays, subject to suitable weather conditions, etc. Contact Merv Lotze on 041 242 8884 for the details.
=> => UPDATE
- RECREATIONAL BOATING IS EXEMPT FROM THE 4m2 RULE. HOWEVER, SAILORS NEED TO MAINTAIN 1.5m SOCIAL DISTANCE WHERE REASONBLY PRACTICABLE
- COMPETITION IS PERMITTED
From 1st July 2020
- Full contact allowed during training and competition with no limits on crew numbers.
- Recreational boating is still exempt from the 4m2rule whilst afloat, however the skipper needs to ensure those on board maintain social distancing where reasonably practicable whilst not engaged in competition or training.
- Changing rooms are able to be used however consideration needs to be taken into strategies to reduce crowding and promote physical distancing.
- Register your club as a COVIDSAFE Business.
- A club specific COVID-19 Safety Plan must be able to be produced on request
- Contact tracing record must be kept for all participants, spectators, officials, coaches, staff, contractors, and visitors.
What does this now mean for our sailing clubs?
- GET IN – SAIL – GET OUT still applies;
- Stay home if you are unwell;
- Club activities including racing can resume as long as the current Public Health Orders are complied with;
- Limited activities to small individual groups where possible;
- Practice good hand hygiene before, during and after sailing;
- Avoid physical contact where possible;
- Do not share drinks, towels, clothing etc;
- Encourage sailors to arrive dressed, ready to go.
- Contact tracing records must be kept
- Encourage the use of the COVIDSafe app for everyone whilst at your club.
- Follow the one person per 4 square metres rule ahore to ensure sufficient physical distancing between people.
For Results for the Club races
Club Race Program
See the DRAFT PROGRAM
and the DRAFT DUTY ROSTER
Please advise of any changes. Please NOTE: Changes to the roster are made via SWAPS.
Memberships for the 2020-2021 season are now due:
New Member Application Form for 2020-2021 OR
Renew Your Membership for 2020-2021
A new membership category of 'Crew' has been added for $55 per year. Crew Members shall be entitled to all the privileges of the Club other than
the right to hold office, vote at the annual general meeting, or vote at committee meetings.
Crew members do not have the right to enter a yacht in events conducted by the Club. However, a yacht entered by a Full
Member, may be skippered by a registered Crew Member,
provided the Full Member is on board. Crew Members will be registered as Australian Sailing card holders (SIN) by the club, to satisfy the 46 PERSON IN CHARGE rule, and would be covered by personal accident insurance provided by Australian Sailing.
Casual crew are encouraged to join the club as Full or Crew Members, after they have sailed three races as guest crew in a season. Crew who are financial members of other clubs, and have a current SIN, are not necessarily required to join the club, but it is encouraged, if they crew regularly.
Associate members do not sail but enjoy the social benefits of the Club and its activities.
Membership forms need to be completed and signed before membership registration can be
uploaded to Sailing Australia (formally Yachting Australia) web site. Payment is not sufficient. If forms are not completed and paid by 30th September, personal risk
insurance provisions will lapse. Sailing Australia have advised that 1 December is deadline for membership renewals to be finalised (so please submit your forms)
Get involved by joining the committee
Committee Nomination Form
See DRAFT Program for 2020/2021
For News, Upcoming Events and Regattas
, and For Sale Notices
See Australian Sailing Safety Page and Special Regulations
and NSW Marine Safety Regulations
and Australian Sailing => 2017-2020 Racing Rules of Sailing with Australian Sailing Prescriptions and Addenda
See Draft Sailing Instructions
See Race Day Risk Assessment
Jervis Bay Sailing Club conducts races at Callala Bay on Saturday afternoons throughout the sailing season, from the October long weekend to the end of May, inclusive. Briefings are at 1:00pm and races start at 1:30pm.
Additional Frostbite Series races are held on the first Sunday of every month during winter off season, briefings are at 1:00pm and races start at 1:30pm. The club also hosts Special Events and Championships - see Special Events for details.
All off-the-beach dinghies, catamarans and smaller Trailer Sailers are welcome. Visitors are most welcome. Just come to the rigging area and introduce yourself! To join the club and start racing please complete:
click link to email
=> Geoff Carne, Commodore
Telephone: 0414 267 299
=> Steven Lymbery, Secretary / Treasurer
Telephone: 0400 104 451
We are located near the Callala Bay Boat Ramp. The street address is 42 Boorawine St, Callala Bay, NSW, which is approximately 3 hours from Sydney and Canberra.